Friday, December 08, 2006

THANK GOD IT'S FRIDAY...SORTA

It was very cold this morning, and I was still hobbling around like Chester from Gunsmoke. We pulled wire, all day. 150 foot runs, 5 in each pull, 4 500's and a #8 ground. Something happened to my ankle mid afternoon ( in that fucking manhole ) and suddenly I wasn't Chester anymore, I was walking like Hazel...50's sitcom staple. It was like my head and shoulders were in a deathrace with my legs. I was not amused, but I'm sure the people who saw me were. I'm back to almost normal gait at this writing.
At the end of the day I got the news. I've been moved again to another "hot spot" starting monday. Oh well, it's the nature of the trade I guess. I know alot of the guys there and have worked for the foreman before, so, new site, old friends.It's a crew of 18 working 2 shifts so there'll be some overtime involved I'm sure.
I'm gonna miss working with Kevin and Tiny, but I'm sure we'll cross paths again.
I confirmed our brunch with Toody this evening, I told her I had some surprizes for her and she said " I can handle that honey, see you at 11" ...Fearless, that one!
I took swampy's advice and there'll be a stop at the florists beforehand tomorrow. Swampy is another surprize...amongst others.
Look for pictures and commentary tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment