Thursday, December 07, 2006

THE RUN UP...

Saturday is fast approaching, and my anxiety is turning into this mix of excitement / let's get it over with already kind of mish-mash. I got a confirmation call from sister tonight, who is bringing another old friend with her. I'm glad I set this whole thing up after everythings said and done, not just to see people I have'nt seen in 30 years, but rather to pay respect to the woman who touched all of our lives in significant ways. That's it really. I for one can say frankly, that had Toody Byrd not been involved in my life, I would probably be dead, or worse, in some prison somewhere, not to say that I was that bad...I was just impulsive and misguided, and, well, stupid. Toody kept me, and all of us really, from falling off our own particular brinks we flitted around.
So saturday has a special meaning for me. A reverence if you will. And, as Mike says "she's gotta be what?112 years old by now"? I want to believe that she will be here forever, doling out homespun nuggets of genious to the following generations of lost boys and girls.
She should be sainted as far as I'm concerned.
I'm gonna take a shitload of pictures...that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment