Thursday, December 14, 2006

THE TACO TRUCK...OR TWO

Every morning break there are two taco trucks waiting for us in the parking lot. The first time I scored it was from the woman in a sonoma pick-up truck with an oven in the bed (covered with a camper shell) and some ice chests with drinks. Since I have a minimal at bestgrasp of spanish, I searched the bin labels and recognized pollo (HEY! That's CHICKEN!) and papas (That's POTATO!). I got one...and spent the rest of the day in the grip of a acid indigestion/gaseous clay/nausea/feverish haze. It was miserable. I thought I had some rolaids in my bag (salvation!) only to discover one lone powdery tablet at the bottom of my bag. I felt like shite for the rest of the night, and the next day I was told of the "real" taco truck.
This dude has the best Carne Guisada tacos I've ever had...ever . They rule.
But, lunch is another story.
We get 30 minutes, and our location makes it difficult to go anywhere and botulism taco woman is the only one who comes back at lunch. So, I got some lunch stuff tonight and packed my lunch.
Check this:
For tomorrow I have:
Bologna,ham and cheese sammy
Peanut butter and apple jelly sammy (yes...I forgot the honey...again)
2...yes...2 pudding cups. Chocolate / vanilla swirl and chocolate / cookie dough
Chips...potato
Cashews
4 cans of coke.
My daily rations will be the envy of everyone on my crew, I tell you!!!
The ENVY!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment