Friday, December 22, 2006

REMEMBER THAT PRAYER FROM FULL METAL JACKET? WE HAVE OUR FUN, OK?

Ryan and I have been cracking each other up this week with a variety of inane, pop culture morphs. Our favorite is the prayer from FMJ..."This is my rifle...", only we go: "This is my scissor lift, there are many like it,but this one is mine. Without me, my scissor lift is useless, without my scissor lift, I am useless"... or...rifiing on that line from Snakes on a plane..."What's up with all these motherfucking scissor lifts on this job that don't motherfucking lift?! I don't know about your contractor, but you have a scissor lift problem". and then there's " Robbbb, Robbbb, Rob Lobster!!!!" .
Today we did three 250 foot wire pulls...4 conducters, 4 neutrals, 1 dirty ground and 1 isolated ground...10 wires pulled through a 1 inch conduit x 3, 1 of which we had to run the conduit first. We followed each other around in lifts across a pitched ceiling that started at 20 ft. and our end point was 35 ft., navigating around all manner of airborne obstacles ( sprinkler pipes and HVAC ducts ) as well as shit on the ground (palets of lights, gang boxes, HVAC vents and hoods). Driving around in a lift reminds me alternately of Aliens, where Sigourney walks around in that lift loader of the future and Tron...for reasons yet to be defined, maybe it's the sound effects.
It was a gruelling day that started at 7am and ended at 6pm ( not counting the 35 minutes I spent looking for my keys...dammit! they were in my nail apron! ) DOH! Here's a shitty phone camera shot of me in all my safety gear...George, being old, cut off the top of my head....like old people are wont to do.



Wer'e done until Tuesday...and so am I.
Merry merry everyone!!!!See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment