Monday, December 18, 2006

AN OPEN LETTER TO MATT DAMON

Dear Matt...
I saw the "teaser" clip of your little soap box thing over the weekend, and while I was initially impressed ("Hey! Matt Damon's giving Bush and his FAS "twin" daughters the one-two about the war! You go Matt!!!" ) Then the reality of what was really happening sunk in.
Grandstanding on a monumental and obscene scale. On the face of it I agree with you, the burden of this war should be shared by each and every able bodied american of an age to serve.
Which brings me to you, mister born on October 8th, 1970 . Let's see, that makes you 36. And that gives me an idea, why don't you join up and go over there and serve your country?And I don't mean some candy ass good will tour in the green zone...I mean combat in Anbhar. You could take Affleck with you and your whole entourage with a project greenlight crew and film the whole thing. And if you live through it, you can sell the film and make another kajillion bucks that your overpaid yankee ass doesn't deserve.
Well...what about it big man at the microphone? What's that? You have "other priorities"? Like Cheney, I guess.
Pick up a gun or get over yourself, you've been hanging out with Clooney too much lately.
Hugs...mean it! :)
Th' Rev.

No comments:

Post a Comment