Tuesday, December 12, 2006

DOWN IN A HOLE V.2

Oh my god...I am paying for my sins apparently. I'm at the haverty's job site and our task was to dig out the main feed pipes going under the building, cut off the offending, retarded looking 90 degree bends behind the couplings, attach new couplings and replace the 90's like they were meant to be. We spent all day on this little project, and at the end of it, had removed 2 and a half of the offending 90's, covered ourselves in mud and cuts and smoked a shitload of cigarettes when it wasn't our turn to dig , saw, chip hammer, or otherwise try to remove this bullshit.
If this is electrician purgatory, I am in heaven! I fucking loved it.
This site is a wasteland of clusterfucks gone cluster-fuck-ier...it's amazing.
And today the general contractor cut our schedule by 10 days...so starting tomorrow it's 5 tens...10 hours of overtime a week, just in time for christmas...HOO-WHEE!!!!
Stay tuned for pictures...tomorrow...maybe.
Sign me...
beat down but smiling.
Update: I forgot the most interesting part of all of this, usually the trades break down like this: Electricians: predominantly white rednecks, a few black dudes, a few hispanics. Construction/drywall: wetbacks, erm..."guestworkers". HVAC: white rednecks, an occaisional hispanic. The HVAC ( heating,ventilation and air conditioning) crewon this job are...brace yourself Special K are raisins! Yes sir... certified, dyed in the wool gooks.
Chuck,Dink, Slope, whatever you wanna call em, Vietnamese. Not one of them over 5 foot 1. And since there is no music allowed on this job ( :( ), we are serenaded by the beautiful sing songy ness of vietnamese. I joke, I use slang names, but really, these people amaze me. And the language is like music, sometimes grating, like when one of them fucks something up, but generally a very pleasing sound. I did'nt like the gooks that were shooting at my friends in nam, but these guys are cool. They squat or sit on thier hard hats during breaks, eat noodles at break and lunch,and chain smoke like motherfuckers. Attributes that had been presented to me in film and lore as sterotypical are just that, but it's become clearer to me that this is a cultural thing. That's just how those "little motherfuckers" are, like I'm a white redneck electrician...and let me tell you...they kick some ass when it comes to HVAC...and they have their own microwave! How cool is that?
Now, K, I know "raisin" is a term you use to generalize old folks, but alot of those raisins are asian and on the bus...if memory serves.
right?...:)
This isn't like saying "NIGGA" is it? Bwahahahaahahahahahahahahahhahaha!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment