Sunday, December 24, 2006

Merry Christmas and a Happier New Year
I'm working tomorrow so tonight is going to be Christmas for me. Works out since my family switched to doing the feast and present exchange on Christmas Eve at some point in my childhood, probably about the time I was old enough to attend midnight mass without falling asleep in the middle of it. I did my Christmas shopping today on Christmas Eve as I usually do, but it was even easier now that we've all moved to swapping cash for cash (or gift cards) as presents. This is even sillier than the old sweater and house-shoe exchange that we used to do. I did specifically request a sweater this year and I'm gonna laugh my ass off if I get a gift card or cash instead. Rob gave me a very nice (and very large) candle plus some beautiful champagne flutes for us to use on special occasions like annivesaries and New Years. I gave him a keyboard. Easy to tell who's the romantic, eh?

Here's wishing you all a wonderful time in what ever way you choose to celebrate the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment