Wednesday, February 16, 2005

THE WISH HAS CHANGED

Not many years ago, my only wish and hope for my son was that he make it over fool's hill intact. For a few years it seemed, he was intent on ruining his life before it really started. Even I, with my vast "knowledge" of adolescent dysfunction, could not turn this boy around. You see I was lacking something, and that something was a security room to lock him until I broke his spirit. I had to rely on him, that some of what I had said, and for that matter all of the adults in his life (well, maybe not all) had sunk into his brain somewhere on the cerebral bench until he decided he was good and ready to use it.
I'm happy to say it did...he even told me so once.
But on to the point. My son wants to be a game designer. He's always been very talented in art and computers, not to mention electronic music ( which you can check out at battlestar dream ). He's on the downhill side of school with 6 to 8 months to go.
Last night he brought over an assignment to show us, the guidelines of the assignment was to generate a 30 second animation of credits. He had created over three minutes of animation, a trailer if you will. With credits and self composed soundtrack. It was awesome! If he posts it online I will post a link (Hint-hint bud).
With this kind of talent and the education behind it, my son can write his own ticket and in the process make a very good living for his family to be. And isn't that what every parent wants? For their child to exceed their own success? To live a more comfortable life than they have lived? I think so. For me anyway.
I could go on, but I think I nailed it. And besides, to gush further would just be...oh I don't know, kind of "girly".
See ya! Damn tomorrow's payday again already!

No comments:

Post a Comment