Thursday, February 03, 2005

100 SONGS

Because there's nothing really happening , I found it at snarkland following a link from Jane. Your favorite 100 songs and why they are. I will try to break this down in a sort of decade format ( the decade I heard it in ) . But first, a joke about that woman here in Texas who killed her husband by shooting 3 litres of sherry up his ass:
She remarries, and on her wedding night, as she pops the cork on the bubbly, looks lovingly at her new hubby and says sensually "Bottoms up, honeybuns".
ugh...is all I have to say about that. On to the list.

The 70's...

Gypsy...Uriah Heep Live...The moog synthesizer man! And Mick Box played an SG.
The Wizard...Uriah Heep, Demons and wizards...Made me wish I had met him one night wandering, a hopeful song.
Pictures of home...Deep Purple, Machine Head...Cruising to school in the morning, smoking out on the way, with my best friend Pat in his badass 66 mustang fastback.
Dark side of the moon...Pink Floyd, DSOTM...What a great make out in the dark song.
Fearless...Pink Floyd, Meddle...A source of comfort, and those guitars...wow.
Nantucket Sleighride, Mississippi Queen, Silver Paper, Don't look around...Mountain, various...Because they rocked.
Sweetleaf...Black Sabbath, Master of Reality...Sweetleaf,that's why.
Hole in the Sky...Black Sabbath,Sabotage...That riff...wow.
A National Acrobat...Black Sabbath, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath...Again with the riff.
Lights Out...UFO, Lights out...I'm all about the riff. Saw this tour in the old auditorium and Micheal Schenkners flying V glowed in the dark, how cool is that?
Cowboy Song...Thin Lizzy, Jailbreak...That damn riff again, Saw this tour at the armadillo, they kicked our asses ass that night.
Loser...Trapeze, You are the music...we're just the band...Glen Hughs incredible voice, saw them at the 'dillo as well
Bridge of Sighs...Robin Trower, Bridge of Sighs...The lyrics "Why so unforgiving, and why so cold? Been a long time crossing...bridge of sighs" Breakup melancholy catharsis I tell you.
Long Misty Days...Robin Trower, Long Misty Days...Another good broken heart song.
Problem Child...AC/DC, Let there be Rock...Bon Scott was the shit, saw them at the 'dillo too. Plus the lyric "and my mother hates me"...priceless.
Just got Paid...ZZTop, Rio Grande Mud...The way that guitar just fucking snarls at you is enough.
And then, one day in 1977, I was in Disc Records in Dobie Mall and I spied this single by a band called, of all things, The Sex Pistols...It was Pretty Vacant b/w No Fun. I bought it because of the buses on the sleeve, one headed to boredom,the other to nowhere.
I got on the bus, and it wasn't boring and it did'nt go nowhere. I'll tackle the 80's tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment