Thursday, February 10, 2005

Just call me batshit crazy
Well, the daily grind continues at the call center. Things haven't improved much, but it's not for lack of trying on my employer's part. They are hiring and training people as fast as they can, but it's hard to hang on to staff with these sort of workloads. I've got a variety of reasons for sticking it out, some of which could even be considered logical such as the fact that I desperately need the money. However, I went to work today with an abscessed tooth and a migraine headache so it's pretty clear to me that money isn't the main reason. There's no amount of money worth working at any job, much less working the phones at a call center while experiencing those health conditions. It's not my loyalty to the company since I've only been there three months. It's not any great fondness for the staff there as I haven't had the chance to get to know anyone since I'm on the phone with strangers all day long. It's not any great love of the work and today at one point I was really tired of talking to stupid people. Ignorant I don't mind at all. Everyone was ignorant about computers and the internet at some point even if these days such ignorance is limited to time spent in the womb. However, it's come to my attention that some people are just dumb as dirt. There's no amount of training or explanation that will get these folks to realize that email doesn't just magically appear on their computer screen each day without any effort on their part. Apparently it does do that when they have AOL, but we are not AOL. If they like AOL so goddamn much, I wish they would go back. In fact, if I were rich I would gladly PAY them to go back to AOL. But I digress. I suspect the primary reason I went to work with a migraine and an abcessed tooth is because I'm a stubborn old fool that doesn't like anything to get the best of me whether it's a splitting headache or a shit ass job or a combination of the two. Which I think qualifies me as being batshit crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment