Wednesday, February 16, 2005

A quick post before I eat, sleep and work again
Hopefully this was the last of my ten hour days at work. I'm sure other starving employees are not so happy that the overtime is ending, but I am grateful. Also today I got trained on DSL support and what a nightmare. I start taking DSL calls tomorrow and it's going to be like starting this job all over again - I'm sure I'll have no clue what I'm doing for the first month or so. Maybe the extra training means I'll get a raise eventually, but I'm not going to hold my breath. I've got two black marks on my record (actually, in our employee files, the marks are red) for not tracking calls properly, something which I still struggle with after three months. I guess I'm just going to have to get used to being a mediocre employee since I don't think I'm ever going to excel at this job. Then again, is there really any logical reason to excel at an $8/hour job? You know the old saying... you get what you pay for. ..

No comments:

Post a Comment