Wednesday, February 23, 2005

DSL Hell
I was tempted to think there were no other techs taking DSL calls today because call after call was a DSL call which made for a challenging day. It wasn't just that I'm a noob when it comes it DSL calls, but the call volume was so extremely low that I could barely make out what the customer was saying on each and every call. That has a tendency to make me sound stupid even when I DO know what I'm doing. I think if I hadn't started the day out with a pay raise and a compliment from my boss then my ego would have been completely deflated by the time I left work. As it is, it's only partly deflated and is also propped up a bit by the thought that tomorrow is my Friday. I know I can survive one more day of DSL Hell. If I were looking at two... well, I'm just glad I'm not looking at two. For all the moaning and groaning I've done about this job, it does have potential and there are things about my employer that I really like. Things I won't find if I go work for Mega-Corp. I'm hoping once I get past the learning curve, I'll settle into that "I like my job and it's cool" attitude that some of the longer term staff have. I haven't decided if it's experience or personality that gets a person to that point, but if I can achieve that almost zen-like experience that those staff seem to have then I'll work there forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment