Monday, February 28, 2005

Another day, another dollar
Today I realized why I hate the DSL calls. It's not so much that I'm a noob and bumbling around, but the fact that I never seem to fix the problem for the customer and it has to be escalated. I completely misunderstood what the level two employees meant when they said DSL calls are "easy". It's not that they are easy to fix, but that you only have to try a few things before it's out of your hands and becomes someone else's problem. In that respect, dialup customer calls are much harder. So maybe with this newfound knowledge the next two days will be less of a grind. I'm starting to suspect that the reason I ended up with this job in the first place is because I need a good lesson in "do what you can and ignore the rest".

No comments:

Post a Comment