Friday, February 25, 2005

HELLO CARPORT!

The roll off arrived today, between 10 an 11 am as promised (10:15ish actually). At 2:30pm I came into the house for a shower, the job done and the dumpster almost full. 10 cubic yards of shit that had been residing under my carport and on my porch was gone in just over 4 hours. My journeyman and MB came by at lunch to see how it was going and hung out for a bit, that was cool.
After, Ann and I went and got our loveseat/sleeper/futon thing at Eurway, which is on the north end of town. Since it's Friday, and most folks leave work early, it only took us an hour and 45 min. to complete our mission, winding our way snakelike across town...mopac to enfeild, enfield to west,west to 26th, 26th to guadalupe, guadalupe to 45th, 45th to burnet,burnet to rutland, rutland to metric, metric to kramer,kramer to breaker and we were there. It pays to grow up here, as the main roads,even on early friday move like old people fuck.
We pushed chairs and ottomans and the new thingy around for awhile before settling on a pit group kind of config. I don't know if it's a keeper (the arrangement, I mean) but it works for now.
All in all a very productive day, I think.
Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Hello, How do I get in touch with you? There is no email or contact info listed .. please advise .. thanks .. Mary. Please contact me maryregency at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete