Saturday, February 05, 2005

100 SONGS CONTINUED

After I posted the 70's section of this I had breakfast with my journeyman, his friend the guy with the KKK antenna ball and his IJ, a kid with a mohawk (21) who shows up on mondays more times than not with a black eye...he's fucking hysterical. Since we had some time to kill I brought up the post I saw at snarkland regarding 100 favorite songs and I was met with immediate and complete derision. It would appear that the mass consumption of beers and the resulting stupidity far outweighs the notion of maintaining a blog...like I do. So I avoided that little detail, and my journeyman did not expose me as one of those people who share thoughts and feelings here in the blogosphere.
There were many comments about the 100 favorite songs, but the predominant one was "who gives a fuck what some jackass's favorite 100 songs are and anyone who would read something like that is even more retarded".
While this could point to an inability to pick favorite songs beyond" that 38 special song" or "I like hair band friday on KLBJ man...Skid Row rules"...they had a point. My journeyman did say that my fingers were so sore from doing the internet thing that I had to put on wirenuts with my teeth. It was funny. But what really gave me pause was that none of these motherfuckers knew who Roky Ericson is and or was...my money was on the mohawk boy, but he was clueless.
So in the spirit of this experience....
In the 80's I was all about the punk rock, until I suddenly remembered my affinity to the blues...so it was punk and blues, until I suddenly remembered my affinity to music, as long as it was good. And that explains the 90's to today. If I really put my mind to it I could list 1000 plus songs. And no one would read it, because I'm not interesting in that way, if I'm interesting at all.
Clutch rocks by the way...I just had to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment