Thursday, February 24, 2005

CHECK POKER

Every payday the guys play check poker...you add you net pay with your check number and that's your hand. You bet 5 bucks, if you win, you're up by 30 or more or less depending on how many play. I don't play check poker...because my 5 bucks goes to scratch tickets, yes, I admit it, I'm a scratch head...that's what the mohawk boy calls us.
Anyhoo...at morning break, our foreman was asking who was in for check poker, I, as always declined. And nothing was said about it, but when mohawk boy declined he got alot of shit from his journeyman and the foreman. We left, but the shit continued, and when mohawk boy shot back to the foreman "Rob didn't play and you didn't fuck with him" The foreman replied " That's because Rob's alot bigger than you" and the fucking with MB (mohawk boy) continued.
I am 90% positive that this statement was just more of the same game, giving MB a hard time, but when I was telling Ann the story tonight, she shared with me comments from a coworker of hers who has seen me waiting in the Rodeo in the parking lot and I made him nervous. I'm sitting in my Rodeo, listening to talk radio, waiting for my wife, probably 100 feet from this guy and I make him nervous.
I have never said a word to this guy, and at 100 feet enclosed in a vehicle, he's afraid. That's some fucking power I guess. That i can decline check poker and not get fucked with about it? I think that's my foreman protecting me, or continuing the fucking with MB. At least I hope that's it. Strangers being afraid of me I can deal with, in fact I kind of like it. But people I've known for years being afraid of me is kind of bothersome. I'm not out to hurt anyone, never have been. Then again, the people who really know me know that I am a threat to no one but myself. And I think my foreman knows this, he should, I've known him for years. This "intimidating thing" has followed me around all my life, and it gets old sometimes.
Maybe I'll play check poker next payday...just to throw them off.

No comments:

Post a Comment