Friday, December 12, 2008

PIPES! DAMMIT! LOTS OF PIPES!




Back in baby's arms...or pocket as it were...

Our journey begins deep in dark recesses of the basement...we are following the gray pipe on the left in the rack...Actually,in this picture it's the one on the right , but then I turn around for the next picture , which puts it on the left.

After about 80 feet,the pipe kicks up about 2" and makes a left turn...we have this handy device called a hot box or heat blanket that heats up PVC so you can bend it...
Then we go into and out of a junction box and about 6' later...
We kick up again and make another turn...
Then we penetrate through the wall and change over to metal pipe , or , EMT...That's my pipe, on top.
where we travel another 60 or 70 ' through the most congested space ever. I had to get in touch with my inner mountain goat / monkey to pull this off...We had no bender available on this day , so I had to make the offset out of 2 45's and a coupling...
It was a long way...
But we finally make it to the final stop - the switch gear.That's my pipe on the left...
And that dear readers was the week that was.

No comments:

Post a Comment