Monday, September 15, 2008

THE PROCEDURE

I ran into an old friend from high school this afternoon while buying Ann flowers for her birthday,and in the course of our catching up he told me he was having a medical procedure done later on this month- "you know Rob,the 50 year old guy thing".
I knew exactly what he was talking about,having one myself a couple of years ago on account of my family history.
We proceeded to have a very detailed conversation about colonoscopy with out ever uttering the word itself,or "camera shoved up your ass",or any such references involving the words chute,tail pipe or bung hole.
I advised him to go home after the procedure,because they fill you with air in the process,and of course,that air has to escape...loudly.I further advised that it was pain free yet undignified.
It feels good to share-even in code.

No comments:

Post a Comment