Wednesday, September 03, 2008

A DAY IN THE LIFE-THAT STARTED LAST NIGHT

Or technically,Monday evening...Which was when I came home with these...



I get Ann flowers for special occasions and sometimes just because-this was a just because score,I saw them and thought they would brighten her day.Well,they did,and they damn near killed us-ok,that's exaggerating a bit,but let me tell you-my eyes have not been stuck shut in years,nor have I had a headache last 24 hours-the right behind your eyes stabbing kind.Plus,my nose was completely stuffed.I missed work Tuesday I felt so bad.
This morning,after unglueing my eyes again,I was shuffling down the hall and saw them-leering at me.I knew.We put them on the porch,and after two hours at work all my symptoms-and most of Ann's are gone.So on the porch they'll stay.
This afternoon,I got a call from Ann (who has been driving my truck-shitty mileage,but works close to home.I have been driving her car-better mileage-new job is a haul.)She had run out of gas...poor thing.As luck would have it,she was close to home and I was too.So I swung by the house,snagged some gas cans,hit the store and had her home in less than 1/2 an hour.
Then I returned a phone call I had missed while pouring the gas into the truck.It was a friend who had been perusing the archives and wanted to tell me something from a long ago past that I didn't ever know about.And it reminded me of how true that old tired adage is- there are two sides to every story.Just because you think you know what's up,events occur outside your world that you never know about.I'm glad I know now,wish I had known then-but that's life I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment