Monday, September 01, 2008

THE PERSISTENCE OF TREES

Having an extra day off meant an extra opportunity to go hiking with Irene,and we went to the old familiar Gus Fruh access greenbelt,which is close to home and very shady-lot's of canopy along the trail I like to take.
I noticed these trees today-growing out of stone,this particular one was exposed in three sections,weaving in and out of the rocks-I was impressed.
And no,Irene nor I are longhorn fans-it's just an orange bandanna.






And then there's this...below is a baggie of dog shit...I'm so old I remember a time when your dog could cop a squat anywhere it wanted and you could just move on knowing that weather and elements (or the shit eating beagle) would take care of it.Not any more,there are little stations at the trailheads that provide you with bags to "clean up after your dog".Fine,I can live with that,but you see these fucking bags everywhere...along the trail,perched in trees...it's pathetic really.
If you aren't gonna pack that shit out,leave it on the ground in it's natural form-don't contribute to pollution by leaving it in a plastic bag that has a 50 year half life.

No comments:

Post a Comment