Thursday, September 11, 2008

A Hurricane for my Birthday
My birthday is on Monday. I was going to celebrate it early with a jam at Club Spit East on Saturday night, but then Hurricane Ike headed for the Texas coast. We've decided to cancel the party because even though it now looks like the storm will pass to the east of us, we could still see 40 mph winds, heavy rain, flash flooding and the biggest risk off all, tornadoes. A long time ago, we had a party at the original Club Spit under similar circumstances and a few folks floated in, literally since the roads were flooded. A good time was still had by all, but Club Spit East has fewer creature comforts to offer than the original Club Spit and it is not the place I want to hunker down in during a major storm. Instead, I'll just stay home, drink beer and waste time on the Weather Underground provided the electricity stays on. What the hell, the extra day of rest will probably do me good.

And as for the significance of *this* day, 09/11 - Blue Witch said it for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment