Saturday, September 20, 2008

APPARENTLY,MY COOKIES ARE DISABLED

I don't know why, but I find that very amusing and vaguely sexual in some ambiguous way.
But enough about my cookies.
I have Saturdays to myself,as Ann has to work.Even if I sleep in,I'm up and about by 9 or so,and while the day used to be dedicated to getting as drunk as possible before sunset-these days are now filled with activity.Sometimes it's on the trail with Irene,other times,like today,it's filled with lay about laziness and the internet.
Which allows for some reflection.
It occurred to me that there is something missing in my demeanor of late - I'm not worried - not about anything specific - I just feel better about things in general.
Maybe it's because I'm not trying to kill myself with self neglect,ignoring my health issues and having a fuck all attitude.Maybe it's because I've mended fences and reconnected with important people in my life.
Maybe,as I've said before,I got my shit all in one sock,but this time the darning spot is holding.
As I write this,the dogs emerge from the bedroom and take their places by the door,waiting for Ann to come home,and it reminds me again of what's important.
Little things matter.more than we know.
I don't know if any of this makes any sense to you-but it does to me and I just needed to write it down so I could see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment