Tuesday, November 04, 2003

NEW ORLEANS IS CALLING AND I CAN'T WAIT
For them to leave. Tomorrow morning, the GM, the cleaning and renovations managers and several senior techs are leaving for NOLA and won't be back until monday.This leaves me with 2 techs to do the work that gets called in,a cleaning department that essentially takes care of itself,all the retail traffic(my usual job) and the phones (which I answer or end up dealing with anyway more than anyone else with the exception of the GM...MAYBE).
I will be in charge.
I can't wait! I am baptised in management by crisis...this will be no problem for me without these "key" staff members around to help (complicate matters). I was invited to go but opted out because we are "broke ass poor" and can't afford it.Knowing my love of the big NO,everyone was surprised I opted out...I played it down,but really I would have loved to go...but since I can't,I'll hold down the fort and somebody better bring me a fucking t-shirt from Marie Levous(sp?) house of voodoo.
Enough horn tooting.
Good news on the dog front...my vet (he fucking ROCKS) diagnosed the problem with the GM's dog that his previous vet missed...some antibiotics and some fluids and she should be fine...that's my vet...he KNOWS his animal ailments,better than the average vet...I was relieved to hear that Pepper could be helped.
Anyway...the next few days should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment