Wednesday, November 19, 2003

LAST TANGO IN AUSTIN...
LT (our other guitarist) was friends with this band Last Tango who had a recurring gig at this club called trophy's on South Congress...they liked to incorporate other musicians into the band and invited me and LT to do a couple of Wolve's songs during the set with them. We showed up at a practice and did 2 of our signature songs "Reststop" and "Artillary" with different drums and bass...it was amazing! So we did it...to great response from the crowd .
For me, Playing at Trophy's was special,because I had seen Soul Asylum(when they were a hungry fucking new band...before the runaway/rider hemmorage of talent) there when it was called Blue Bayou and Thin White Rope when it was called Big Mamou's...I was on the same stage of some of my favorite musicians.
I did my best and felt my best on that stage, standing on hallowed ground.
We did the opening slot for Last Tango after that at Trophy's as a band...all four of us.
A friend said we sounded better than ever at Trophy's...he was a victim of our Boomerz shows...:)
The wolve's have been dormant for awhile now...sporadic practices ...no gigs...life goes on.
When you're 40 something you realize that if you aren't already a star, the chances of becoming one are nil.
And that's OK...at least I can say I was in a band....I'm still in a band...

No comments:

Post a Comment