Tuesday, November 25, 2003

I'M IN HIS HOUSE NOW...
No, not the house of the lord...the house of my son. His first apartment.Wow. His place that he's been talking about for a long time with his best friend and finally come to fruition.He called me yesterday with the news and invited me over to see the place today.
What I discovered on arriving was a place very much like my first place when I was his age.(or at least how I remember it) if you replace my Thin Lizzy and Black Sabbath posters with Twizted and ICP posters...
My son spent some time going over fool's hill , and for awhile I worried that I would never get to see this day. He's on the descending side of that hill these days and things are going well for him...Job,going to school and enjoying it...and his own place.
Bonus points for having a cool ride ( a mid seventies El Camino) and a girlfriend.
At almost 19 standards, he is a rousing success, and I am proud of his success.
For me it was a moment where I remembered when my parents came to my first place, and here I am,in my kids first place...I've been on both ends of a significant event now.
Jeez! This is starting to sound like a letter to Dr.Phil!
Sign me-A proud Parent :)

No comments:

Post a Comment