Sunday, November 09, 2003

My Bloginality is INTP
Interesting that such a short questionnaire would give the same results as from the real Myers-Briggs test which I have taken periodically over the last 20 plus years. Some people change categories over time, but I've always been an INTP. One therapist, after reviewing my assorted off and on therapy records from a period of about ten years or so, told me, "You seem to have a very stable personality." It was not meant as a compliment. Well, what can I say? I spent a great deal of energy as a child trying to change who I was to no avail. I didn't fit in and when I did manage to "fake it" for a while and be accepted by the other kids, I was completely disgusted with myself the whole time. It wasn't worth it and I went back to being the "weirdo". High school finally rescued me from that torture when I fell into the auto mechanics students/street racing crowd where I fit like a glove. Okay, not quite like a glove because they were all guys and I was this weirdo girl that liked to work on cars who wasn't allowed to actually take the auto mechanics class because I was a girl and girls weren't allowed to enroll. However, the auto mechanics teacher was cool and let me hang around and many of my teachers were also cool and wrote me passes to go down to the shop on days I didn't need to be in class (which was most of them) so it was a workable arrangement. Case in point: English Lit class consisted of reading X number of books off a list of 50 and writing book reports about them. I had already read every single one of the books on the list, most of them when I was in elementary school. The teacher, after a long question and answer session to determine that I had indeed actually read all of them, managed to come up with X number of books not on the list. I'll always be grateful to her for pointing me towards "Red Sky at Morning" by Richard Bradford which I liked so much that I "lost" the copy and had to buy it from the library. All the same, I read all the books and completed all the required reports after only two weeks of class so... well, there you have it - a permanent pass down to the auto mechanics shop for the rest of the quarter (a bit shorter than a semester for those of you unfamiliar with the stupid quarter system.) Rinse and repeat for several classes. So I managed to have a pretty good time in high school despite the fact that I was a pretty weird chick. Did I go to the prom? No way, I was probably out racing and winning $50 from some unsuspecting dude ;->

No comments:

Post a Comment