Sunday, November 09, 2003

New discoveries
I was driving to the store tonight when I realized that our car with the automatic transmission came with a factory installed tachometer, but our truck with the standard transmission has no tach at all. I've been driving the car for four years and only now did my brain register there was a tach on the dashpanel. On the other hand, I'm completely aware that the truck has no tach because I always look for the tach and then remember it doesn't have one. This discovery of a tach that's been in front of my face for four years comes days after my discovery of an air conditioner vent under the steering wheel, also previously unnoticed during four years of driving the vehicle. I blamed that one on the fact that I'd probably never driven the car in a dress before, but now I think maybe I'm just damned good at ignoring things that are not of immediate interest or importance. What possible use is there for a tach in a car with an automatic transmission that will never see the drag strip? And that vent under the steering wheel? Well, maybe it provides the guys with some necessary ball cooling, but there better be a way to close it the next time I'm driving around in a dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment