Friday, August 24, 2007

Things that have happened
Still working at the old place in the demotion job and quite frankly I am bored out of my mind. This week I had my first tardy (car trouble) and absence (miserable due to allergies) in years which shouldn't surprise anyone that has a clue about human nature. Went on two job interviews last week (on my lunch hours), but turned down one and haven't heard on the other.

Went to the doctor today to get the dreaded prescription drugs for the allergies. Seems silly to have to take a drug for something that could be resolved with some rest and alternative treatments, but the 40 hour (or more) a week grind necessitates a quicker recovery than I can do on my own. I also had her take a look at a recurring rash I've had off and on for the last five years. The rash doesn't itch or otherwise give me any trouble other than being ugly. It goes away after 6 months or so and stays gone for a year or more, but this was it's third recurrence in the same spots so I figured I ought to have a doctor look at it. The doctor says that most likely it's something called Granuloma Annulare, but there is also a very slim chance that it's a fungal infection. Rather than going the scraping and lab testing route to determine fungal infection (costs money), I'm going to apply a very cheap, but strong prescription anti-fungal to the affected areas three times a day for two weeks and see what happens. If it doesn't clear up, then we'll take the even more expensive biopsy route to confirm Granuloma Annulare or other causes. And although the name sounds scary, Granuloma Annulare is nothing more than an ugly rash and causes no problems other than cosmetic concerns so a confirmed diagnosis isn't anything to worry about.

I also met a friend of mine for happy hour this afternoon. I haven't seen her in a very long time due to the crazy job (has it really been almost two years?) and we hadn't even kept up by email during this time. But we picked right up just as if time hadn't passed at all and that's something I've always found to be true with my good friends. One month, one year, two years - it doesn't matter. Somehow we are still on the same page even without any regular contact. Hopefully now that I'm getting back a life outside of work we can stay in touch on a more regular basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment