Thursday, August 16, 2007

NOW THAT'S A GOOD WAY OF SPENDING TIME WITH YOUR KID

The guy that's been mowing our front yard for awhile now had a family emergency and had to go back to his home town.Which left me with a dilemma.While I'm not inclined to mow it myself after a week in the tower of evil,I needed to come up with a solution before our yard reverted back to it's Cambodia days.
Yesterday there was a knock at the door.I answered to find a man I had worked with at UT and his 12 year old son.It seems his son asked for and got a lawnmower for his birthday.Now it's not like he knew where I lived...this was door to door salesmanship.
We entered into the same agreement I had with my former guy and this evening he cut my lawn for the first time with Dad on hand to help out.
It looks great!They edged!They swept the sidewalk!
The kid learned the value of a dollar!Developed his work ethic!And started on the road of business.
I don't know about you,but I'm impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment