Monday, August 20, 2007

TELL ME WHY...I DON'T LIKE MONDAYS

I got home Friday and the truck sat in the driveway all weekend.With a door ajar,effectively killing my battery.By the time I went to HEB and bought some cheap jumper cables and got it going I was 45 minutes late for work.
Whoever pulled the wire for 7 D,fucked up and pulled in the wrong wire from one box to another in the bedroom.What made this a big deal is the wall was no longer open.I had to remove 3 4x8 ft. sheets of drywall,move the insulation out of the way and pull in the correct wire.Major surgery.
I was installing the service disconnect for the water heater,there's a pass through in the wall where you can see into the other unit.One of our gang boxes was in plain view as was the fucking wetback who was dialing in different combinations on the lock,trying to get into our gang box.I watched him for a solid 5 minutes before I slammed the disconnect down hard on the pass through,scaring the shit out of him.I said"Why are you trying to open OUR gang box?"He of course gave me that deer in the headlights "no comprende" look,but I had a bilingual helper.I called him over and said "Tell this motherfucker in spanish to quit trying to break into our gang box".
He did,but judging from the look on his face beforehand,he understood motherfucker perfectly well.
Then,at the end of the day,this other wetback took my water bottle off our cart,filled it with water from our igloo and drank it and then left with my bottle.
I just threw my arms in the air at that point.
I ratted the would be thief out to my foreman...so at the very least,he'll be fired.
Tools are stolen on a regular basis,as is copper.I have been fortunate to not have any tools stolen so far,but a member of my crew had his entire tool bag stolen a while back.If you have the required tools according to union rules,it adds up to around a 1000 dollars.
Fuck those guys...and monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment