Thursday, August 09, 2007

Demoted
Yep, I'm not a manager anymore and will be moved back to being a tech. There are some real advantages to this. No more 60 hour work weeks and my work day will be over when I walk out the door. I can wear jeans and t-shirts and sandals to work again. I'll have a set schedule even though weekend work will still be required. The pay is so low for "upper level" techs (equivalent to starting pay at other call centers) that it won't take much for another job to look attractive enough to leave. And I can take my vacation time when I want to rather than when upper management sees fit. But even though there are advantages, there are plenty of disadvantages and I'm not happy with the situation. However, I'm not in a position to outright quit since the monthly bills exceed Rob's income and I'll just have to deal with it. I couldn't decide if I should buy beer or champagne on the way home since this actually could be a really good thing for me once the sting of failure wears off. But good or bad, you can bet I'm getting drunk tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment