Monday, June 11, 2007

What an odd day at work
The first day back at work after a vacation is usually a pretty evil one for me, but today... well, it wasn't bad at all. Of course, I'm horribly behind on a lot of very important tasks, none of which I was able to touch today due to other very important things that happened during the day and had to be taken care of right away. This is the sort of thing that normally stresses me out, but I guess I'd had enough rest and relaxation for it to not bother me at all this time. The thing I noticed most though was how stressed out my fellow team leaders were. Apparently the five days I was gone were particularly bad ones. We all take our turns being the one who's grumbling and threatening to resign and it's only the other team leaders' encouragement and support that gets us through those times. So I was thinking that something has to change because if everyone is grumbling and unhappy at the same time then we can't talk each other out of our bad moods and gloomy predictions and we'll all be stuck in a funk ALL THE TIME. Not good. Well, my wish for change got granted rather quickly because I found out at 5:00 PM that we suddenly and unexpectedly have a new boss. Effective immediately. I don't know if this is a change for good or for bad - I wasn't very specific with my wish so there's no telling what may happen. But I can say that tomorrow looks a lot more interesting now that it did this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment