Saturday, June 09, 2007

ON A BRIGHTER NOTE

Tonight we are going to see my high school buddies band,The Dukes of Simpleton,a 9 piece XTC cover band.Our drummer billy will be there with his wife(!)Mick,who rarely leaves the house.Our guitarist extraordinaire,LT might be able to make it,but softball is dominating his Saturday.There will be other people from my high school past there that I look forward to seeing.
XTC has always been a pop secret enjoyment of mine since way back in the day,and since they don't tour it'll be cool to see a band that can do them right(I've heard tapes)I'm looking forward to it.
Additionally,my daughter in law is fixin' to pop...I'll be a grandpa for the second time.While I was mortified initially at the arrival of the first one(Sean)I've come to embrace this grandpa thing...I like that my family will carry on into the future.
So there you have it,tragedy and triumph all rolled into one big ball of confusion.
And life barrels ahead,whether you want it to or not,you just got to hang on and find your joy when and where you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment