Saturday, June 09, 2007

THE CIRCLE GAME

I talked to my sister this morning.Most of you probably didn't even know I had a sister.But I do,she is a few years older than me,and while we have not always been close,when our mom died and our dad was dying we rekindled our bond as family.But for reasons I believe are rooted in the past,haven't stayed in regular contact even though we live in the same area.
She contacted me a few months back via email and when I called her house she wasn't home from work yet,I gave her husband an update and my number,but I never heard back.
And as we are what we are,I never found the time to call back.At that time her son was recovering from a serious car accident,I knew this but nothing else.A tremendous burden on it's own,but there were other things afoot.
Her husband was having serious health problems at the same time,and finally succumbed to them in April.They had been married for 25 years.He was significantly older,but still...25 years is a long time.
My sister is overwhelmed by this loss and all the other stressors that come along with it,plus the ongoing recovery of her son.I get the impression that he is permanently less capable as a result of his accident.Time will tell.
We're getting together for lunch one day next week.
I'm not sure why,but this song popped into my head...it somehow seemed appropriate.



Forgive the fairies...it was the only one I could find that fit.
Sending good thoughts your way Celia...

No comments:

Post a Comment