Monday, June 25, 2007


Comic Relief
Lest you think I'm all work and no play, I'll inform you that I do keep a few items stashed in my desk drawer to help me to keep my sanity at work. A few monkeys escaped my Barrel of Monkeys yesterday to decorate my cubical during the frenzy of floor managing. And today, when the phone system decided to act up, a fire engine emerged and took residence on my computer. It was just a one-alarm fire so the other four engines remained in their desk-drawer garage. I have several other items that come in handy at times such as the "Sarcasm Ball" which is just like a "Magic Eight Ball" only the answers are snarkier and much more appropriate.

Here at the new location, my desk is out on the floor in the thick of it all and the staff had never seen me use these things before I moved. I was very surprised at all the comments - never in a million years would I have thought a bunch of twenty-somethings would say that cheap kids toys were "cool".

No comments:

Post a Comment