Wednesday, June 27, 2007

IT JUST KEEPS GETTING BETTER,OR IS THAT BITTER?

I agreed to report for work an hour early this morning in an attempt to finish some essential things before the city inspector showed up.When he arrived,we were still trying to beat the clock...needless to say,we failed the inspection.
Then,the fire marshall arrived for his inspection,focused mainly on the general contractor and to paraphrase my foreman "things are failing right and left".Unfortunately,some of these things involved us,and in order to appease the FM the general contractor started placing unreasonable demands on us,to our foreman's credit,he shot them down with -gasp!- logic and reality.
The GC pretends to have all their shit in one sock,but there's a giant hole in it.Our sock,on the other hand is fairing quite well despite the ongoing clusterfuckery of the other trades.
Around 8:30 this morning,I noticed a coppery taste in my mouth,went outside and spat,and yes...it was blood.My tooth is now seeping blood.I rinsed with cold water and it stopped after a while.Next to biting and stinging insects,I think god's cruelest joke is wisdom teeth.Last night I ordered moo-shee beef and I couldn't eat it,I could barely eat the chicken and corn soup.On the bright(?)side,I'm losing more weight I suppose.
A week or so ago,I had a split in my left foots next to my pinky toe toe,that caused me pain and made me walk like Karloff as the mummy...more of a shamble than a walk really.Last night I noticed it wasn't bothering me anymore and thought to myself "at least it's just the tooth now".Wrong...by 10:00 I was dragging my left leg around and had I had a sense of humor about it should have held my left arm out straight and cried out "neeeeyaghhhhhh"! as I turned every corner.
To make matters worse,the elevators quit working right after lunch and I had to shamble down 26 flights of stairs with my insanely heavy tool bag (electricians really do need all that shit...really)before I could go home.
Everyone else had opted to stay until 5:30,so a ride home was not an option.I was finished by 3:00 and took the bus.
I was accosted by homeless weirdos at 8th and congress and 5th and oltorf (on my second bus trip to the corner store for smokes...this store is less than a mile away and it took me a fucking hour...).
I learned a long time ago that "hey man,can I bum a smoke"? was the homeless weirdo's pick up line and if you respond to it they've hooked you in and who knows what happens next.The one at 5th and oltorf I just ignored and was pelted with a litany of obscenities from across the street.I realize these people are sick,but come on.At that point my empathy meter was a negative 20 out of 10,and had he crossed the street to berate me further,I would have ripped off his winter hat and shoved it up his ass.
Come on nutball...it's June...in Austin for christ's sake!Lose the hat and coat already...you don't need to incubate your stench like that,trust me.
In retrospect,I could have simply said "shitty day" with this post and been done with it,but somehow ranting about it has made me feel better...sort of.

No comments:

Post a Comment