Thursday, June 14, 2007

WELL,I WAS WRONG ABOUT THE A/C

This project is a conversion to condo to a downtown office building 13 stories tall.It has air conditioning to the 4th floor and after that there is no power the rest of the way up.I have been focused on the 7th,8th,10th and 13th floors.It's hotter than my other project.But you stay hydrated and deal with the sweat.
I'm installing lighting in units A and B...B is an efficiency size condo,A is a 1 bedroom (with a really cool pocket wall separating the bedroom/study from the dining area).The smaller units are somewhere in the neighborhood of 600 square feet and go for 240,000 bucks,the larger...maybe 750 SF are 400,000.There are larger units on the upper floors that go for half a mil.
Sure,they're cool and hip and admittedly well designed and laid out despite the small size,but you couldn't pay me 240,000 bucks to live in downtown Austin.Maybe if it was a reasonable rent,like say 300 a month,all bills paid,but free wi-fi doesn't legitimize the horribly inflated prices they are charging for these tuna tins.
Another bonus is my contractor has increased the size of the crew to speed up production,so I get to work with old friends from UT and meet new electricians and IJ's.Plus,we're working overtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment