Tuesday, October 18, 2005

I FORGOT ABOUT SUNDAY

Sunday Ann and I went out to my foremans place to look at a car, a late model oldsmobile that they want to get rid of. The common belief is the catalytic converter is bad. A simple enough fix, plus the car is free. They just want it off the property. Good for them, good for us. A coworker of mine from Hines was there with his daughter as well (small world,eh?), a nice bonus. It was good to see them, we're better friends than I thought, he's not the most demonstrative person, but the vibe was still there.
There was much drinking of beer and shots of Jager. And a meal at this mexican restaurant that rocked.
Then it was back to the house to mess with the car. We got it started a few times, but it wouldn't budge when put in gear, so we finally pushed it out of the field (weeds 6 feet high) to the front of the house. Several beers and shots later, we headed home.
Ann, being the temperant one, drove us home to Austin. On the way I blasted sabbath bloody sabbath, drunk on...socializing. It occurred to me that we had not done anything like this in months. We had a fabulous time, had some fabulous food and company and generally had a good time. I even scratched some tickets...booyah! :)
On the way home, once we were in Austin, we stopped at several convience stores for orange juice...none of which had any (?!?!) WTF!? So I ended up with country time lemonade and three reeses mini cups I pocketed when the cashier wasn't looking ( I told you , we had some drinks ).
I fell asleep on the couch ( passed out ) blaring The counting crows goodnight elizabeth and a long december over and over before 10...a good nights sleep = no hang over, and based on the beer, jager, vodka trifecta, I should of been dying.
Score!

No comments:

Post a Comment