Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Baby needs a new pair of shoes
It's mid-October which means there's a chance we'll get our first blast of cold air in the next couple of weeks. Or not, depending on the nature's mood. But when it does happen, it will be time to retire my trusty pair of sandals for something a bit warmer. The problem is I hate wearing shoes. It drives me crazy to have my feet encased in something for 9 hours a day. As a kid, I dealt with this by wearing moccasins. In high school I switched to tennis shoes, but I never liked them much. After I started working in an office I had to settle for sensible pumps which I survived wearing by kicking them off my feet any time I was sitting at my desk. My current job has a very lax dress code which means I could try my hand, er foot, at moccasins again. But since I'm now prone to kick off my shoes when seated at my desk (despite the company email forbidding such practices) I'm undecided about which make and model of moccasins to buy from the huge selection available on the internet. And given the prices, I'm reluctant to buy something I can't try on first, but under no circumstances will I drive around Austin shopping for a pair. So I may just go with the next best thing - houseshoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment