Friday, July 01, 2005

A KNOCK AT THE DOOR...PART 4

...Picking up the pieces.

I followed this kid around for weeks, looking for an opportunity to snatch him up. He was a regular at the mosque 2 days a week, but the best I could figure he was trying to mitigate the negative reaction to Islam to passersby and the small contigent of decidedly nutbag neo cons that paced zombielike in front of the mosque with these signs. Signs that said horrible things about them and Islam, I watched him dodge punches and shoves and spittle and venom from a bunch of people who were blinded by the light...the light that is the pro war / pro bush machine.
And then I followed him to the range. Once a week this kid would go to the rifle range with his friends. Two other 19 or so fucko's with semi-automatic weapons and they would blast off clip after clip on the 100 meter range. Mostly on saturdays, so one saturday I showed up with a citizen type SKS and took my place on the 100 meter line beside them. They had citizen type weapons as well...he had an AK, his friends had respectively, a .223 and an M1A1. We all shot our guns, we were all good shots, but they were pedestrian weapons...nothing special.
I needed to make an impression, so one saturday I showed up with the latest .50 caliber semi auto and blew thier doors off. This gun was a bunker buster, and to be honest, I didn't like to shoot it, it fucking hurt, but it made an impression. When they heard the thunder of this gun they paid attention, and asked questions. Rapport in more ways than one.
I invited them to shoot it, and one and all got the shoulder beating of thier lives. We went out for beers after.
We would repeat this for a month, because that's how long it took to figure out how to abduct him without his friends lighting me up.
Unlike most 19 year olds, he was painfully predictable. Six places on the skeet range, piss break in the row of porta-lets, a 1000 or so rounds on the rifle range, another piss break and then wait for his buddies who were on the pistol range. This kid was into long guns, he had a pistol or 2 but had no interest in bringing them to the range. He was all good with long distance killing as far as I could see, but the close range stuff didn't appeal to him like it did for his friends.
This was my window of opportunity, take him out while his friends were on the short range. At least a 150 yards from the parking lot and the porta-lets, by the time they realized we were gone, we were so far down the road they didn't matter.
I decided on the next saturday and sweetened the pot with the promise of a fully auto mac 10 to shoot at will, with silencer...working for "homeland security" had it's benefits.
And after I did the foundation...this gun range was in the middle of Austin and nowhere off of a major highway heading east/west, a wasteland of gated communities and highways where you could run undetected with rest stops every few miles where you could switch cars and eventually find yourself in the middle of nowhere in a non descript ride on the road to nowhere.
Nowhere being a basement in a house in a non gated Oklahoma Cul De Sac.but I'm jumping ahead again.
Like I'm prone to do, but that's something else entirely.
I had rounded this boy up in short order. Step one, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment