Sunday, July 03, 2005

It was hot and I was tired
That pretty much sums up my Sunday. I'd been having trouble sleeping all week. It seems that life has decided to roll out the smorgesboard of reasons to not get a good night's sleep. From a restless husband to heartburn, night sweats to neighbors coming and going in the middle of the night, I thought by Saturday night I'd experienced everything life could throw into the mix and was looking forward to sleeping late on alarm clock free Sunday morning. Except the smoke alarm went off at 4:00 AM. It beeped just long enough to wake us up and set the dogs to barking. By the time we opened the bedroom door to see what was on fire, it had quit making it's awful noise. And nothing was on fire. No smell of smoke, no smell of gas, and there didn't appear to be a carbon monoxide cloud sweeping through the neighborhood since I went outside to make sure one of the neighbor's houses wasn't on fire and felt no ill effects. I did manage to get back to sleep eventually, but I can never seem to sleep past seven these days so I still ended up short of the eight or more hours of sleep I had hoped for. And as I head to bed now, I can't help but wonder what surprise life has in store for me tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment