Sunday, July 24, 2005

SO, WE WENT TO THE LBJ LIBRARY

But first we had lunch at Los Altos...Tex Mex on the service road just north of the library. I didn't get stoned because I had the good sense to remember that getting that way generally renders me useless and anxious and paranoid unless I had been drinking to the point where I shouldn't be driving in the first place.
That sounds like a fun date dunnit?
The display was a lot smaller than we imagined, but it was still pretty cool. A short overview of our stroll down the path of hippy-ville. Probably the coolest thing for me was the section dedicated to R & B and motown...they had the butterfly dresses worn by the Supremes on display and a bunch of other Al Green related stuff.
It was a nice reminder of how much the african american community contributed to the hippy movement.
There were also posters from the fillmore east and the Austin equivilant ,The Vulcan Gas Company.
I would give it a small but cool 7.5 out of 10.
I brought the camera, but the flash rule was in place and I couldn't find the menu command to turn my flash off...so alas...no pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment