Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Yesterday I had a long string of rude, angry and/or obnoxious callers and by the end of the day I was damn tired of being nice to people. That feeling didn't change any after a night's sleep so I had to keep my fingers crossed that I could maintain a pleasant and helpful phone voice on the phones today. I think I pulled it off. It helped that I got sent home a couple of hours early which, while bad for the paycheck, was very good for my mood. We are going out to dinner tonight with some friends (they are buying.) We haven't been out to eat in ages or for that matter, spent an evening visiting with friends so it will be a welcome change. And who knows, I might even skip the housework tomorrow and spend my day off, well, taking a day off.

BW and Rob have convinced me to give the sickly green beans a bit more time so that's turned into a wait and see situation. The squash is doing the best of all the plants but only producing male flowers right now so I have no little squash yet to watch. We will harvest our first cherry tomato soon (probably tomorrow,) but have had no new blooms now for weeks. This means there's only a handful of tomatoes on the plants, but heck, even just a few makes me feel like a success. I found another big pot laying around that I can use to plant cucumbers and even found some old partial bags of soil so the only money I need to spend is on seed. That's good news since we are still flat broke. The beet seedlings are not very happy due to the record heat we've had this week, but things are cooling down a bit so maybe there's hope. It's all a grand experiment so what ever happens is fine with me.


Happy squash Posted by Hello

No comments:

Post a Comment