Thursday, May 12, 2005

DO WHAT I SAY, NOT WHAT I DO*

That's what my Dad used to say to me when he was teaching me how to drive. He was a nortorious tailgater, but god forbid if I tailgated. And the list went on. It was then that I began to question and challenge him, and the image of my Dad was put into sharper focus. He wasn't perfect, but I still loved him. And this is where I make a hard left, hang on, bear with me.
Our collective "Dad" is the republican right. I never loved this "Dad", ever, but I tried to buy into the bullshit. I just kept choking on it. Here's some recent revelations to try and wrap your head around.
The national ID card thing.
Jim West, mayor of Spokane, anti-gay to the max, is a homosexual, and according to who you listen to, a pedophile. He's also an arch conservative. Go figure.*
John Bolton, Bush's nominee for UN ambassador. Everyone already knows he's an asshole, but for some reason* it's been acknowledged, but widely ignored by those in power.
According to Larry Flynt, Bolton forced his first wife to engage in rough group sex and he was a frequent visitor to Platos retreat ( swingers ) in the 70's. She bailed on him while he was on vacation in fear. That taken with his public record doesn't exactly reflect the values of the republican party.*Yet the push is on to confirm him.
Tom DeLay continues to snub his nose at his detractors in spite of a mountain of evidence that confirms what many already believe, he's as crooked as a San Antonio street.
Some politician from Georgia named Neal Horsely admitted on ( I believe ) Hannity and Colmes to fucking a mule when he was a teenager. I'll say it again...fucking a mule. He is a conservative republican.
OK...so let's recap.Orwell's vision come to life in the form of an ID card, Homosexuals, pedophiles, criminals and mule fuckers in the republican party? How can that be??? It must not be true. So when Mayor West admits to being a cocksmoker and Horsely admits to having sex with an animal they're just joshin' around? If the first lady can "joke" about bunnypants jerking off a horse, suddenly it's open season? I don't think so. These people are dangerous*.
I think we are rapidly approaching critical mass. There's this war that supposedly ended a year ago, but we're currently losing. Andmake no fucking mistake, we are losing the war.
Then there's the economy...hahahahahahahaha! The good news is there are more jobs being created. The bad news is that most of them are low skill/low wage and most of them have been outsourced. The middle class in this country is slowly being squeezed out of existence. Ann and I keep climbing to the top of the hole, only to be kicked back in by this "growing" economy. There are many more just like us.
Some people say that after the 2006 elections and bunnypants morphs into a lame duck, the end will be near. I tend to agree, but not in the way they hope. Being a lame duck, he can do whatever the fuck he wants, and based on his record so far, that can't possibly be a good thing. Does anyone really think that Bunnypants Inc. will suddenly change it's stripes in the final two years of the administration and attempt to right all the wrongs of the previous 6? That will NEVER happen.
Is anyone rising up? Sure...but it's lip service. Shit, this post is lip service. There was a reporter on air america relating a conversation with a member of the bush administration who basically said that they are an empire now, and the reality the reporters knew in the past didn't exist anymore, they were creating reality as they went along.
That's scary.Really fucking scary, this tells me they are beyond the scope,power mad.
Way back in the day I used to have heated discussions with a friend of mine about this exact kind of shit happening, nothing specific, just the spiraling out of control of government we're seeing now. I predicted a revolution, an uprising. A time when the people would see the lies and decide they had had enough.
It's close....I can almost feel it. And, I don't know about you, but I'm ready.


No comments:

Post a Comment