Monday, May 23, 2005

AM I THE HANDY MAN OR WHAT?

Several months ago,Sullivan (our spaz black dog) knocked our digital camera off my keyboard tray with a spectacular display of no sense of area and broke the little latch that holds the battery door closed that gives life to said camera. We tried the duct tape repair with decided mixed results...it didn't work. So I did surgery this weekend. Not having the funds to get it repaired by a "qualified professional" (who would have undoubtedly said "you need a new camera") I looked at the situation like a mercenary and figured if I drilled a hole between the body of the camera and the "door" to the battery chamber and shoved something in the hole, it might work.I had nothing to lose.
I used a "teeny-tiny" high speed bit and ever so carefully drilled through the body into the battery cover, just so far. Then I inserted a finishing nail, then I sheared the nail down to the right length...and presto! The camera is back in action, minus the ton of duct tape and resultant duct tape spooge.
SAVE! As Ann's garden pictures testify...there is nothing you can't do with a drill and some determination.
Within reason of course.
Dumb luck? Jack of all trades realized? Or lucky move with the right amount of vodka? You decide.
And, no...I did not do the cabbage patch dance.
Political/social ranting to resume soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment