Friday, May 27, 2005

@#$%*&!
Whatever is in charge of the big picture of life has apparently decided to send me all the shit calls at work for the last two days. I suppose this could be punishment for whining about my potential earning power earlier, but the more logical side of my brain says its just the luck of the draw. Whatever the reason, I was very close to a meltdown at about 3:30 this afternoon. Somehow I made it until my 4 pm clock out time and then burst into tears as soon as I got in my car. Although I guess "burst" isn't the right term since only about 4 tears ran down my cheeks, but that's more of a burst than I usually do. Not that there's anything wrong with a good sob, it's just that I tend to save those for more private moments and the parking lot at work is a far cry from private. It doesn't help that tomorrow will most definitely be worse than today since we are extremely short-staffed. Someone just might find me crouched under my desk at work mid-day tomorrow babbling incoherently. Or maybe the hell that has decided to visit itself upon me will go victimize some other poor call center employee and I'll have a breezy day brainlessly stepping folks through the Internet Connection Wizard. Like I said, it's the luck of the draw and I suppose I should count myself lucky that I've survived almost seven months of it since the majority of people that were hired at the same time and went through training with me are long gone. Now on a good day, with thoughts of compensation aside, I really do love my job. Well, at least for the first six hours or so (I haven't got my tolerance level much past that yet.) But on a bad day you might as well be pushing bamboo under my fingernails. And I suppose every job is like that to some extent, but this one seems so much more challenging than others I've had. It's one of the least responsible jobs I've ever done, yet it generates highest stress level I've experienced to date. Go figure.

But enough about work. I played a game with myself last night while trying to go to sleep during a maelstrom of worry about finances. I wondered just what I would buy tomorrow if I was suddenly rich that night. Mind you, this is not any consideration of long term planning, just what I might run out and buy the next day. The top item on the list was... underwear. Yep, I have apparently missed just how important comfortable and well-fitting underwear was to my perception of what constitutes the "good life". So I've decided that next payday, budget be damned, I'm buying myself a pair of my favorite over-priced panties.

No comments:

Post a Comment