Friday, May 13, 2005

Checking In
I passed the six months mark as a phone tech support and it seems that I may get health insurance coverage next month because they have waived the hours worked requirement during this dry spell. Things at work might also get real busy again but the new potential contract (and an existing one) hinge on improved QA performance. Damn, just when I was starting to get into a good groove, the heat got turned up a notch.

The money situation is still pretty dire, but we managed to keep the lights and gas on by the skin of our teeth. And I decided that no matter how tight things are, I still need a few luxuries here and there so I got some beer for my day off. I couldn't bring myself to splurge on Shiner so I'm drinking Mickeys. Eeeech. Oh well, it's beer and I don't think I could have motivated myself to weed out in the garden today if there wasn't cold one waiting for me.

The veggie plants are still alive and it's been fun watching them grow. I planted some beets today even though I have no idea what to do with beets. I've never eaten them before and Rob says he's only had them pickled, but I'm sure we can figure something out. I can't fit very many beet seeds in a pot so there will be just enough to experiment with if we do manage to harvest any. If we decide we like them, we can plant more in August.

No comments:

Post a Comment