Friday, December 07, 2007

YAWN
I've spent the last week rediscovering a feeling I first discovered in my teenage years. It's a general feeling of boredom that I experience even though I have plenty of stuff that could be done or needs to be done. Nothing sparks any sort of excitement. There's no passion, no drive and I know that sounds a bit like depression, but there is a distinct difference between the two. There's no sadness here and it's more of a feeling of being on hold or stuck in some sort of temporary stasis. This sort of thing used to drive me crazy, but I haven't had one of these spells in a very long time. And this time I'm not letting it get to me. I'm just going to sit back and endure it gracefully because in a few more days, weeks or months something is going to grab my attention and I'll be back to my usual obsessive self. Remember, I'm the person that spent my vacation burning 600+ CDs to the hard drives of our computers and enjoyed the project. I'm secretly hoping it will be housework this time because this house could definitely use attention. But hell will probably freeze over before that happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment