Friday, December 28, 2007

ENDLESS AND MIND NUMBING

I hate trimming out...one of the final stages of electric work.You install devices...plugs and switches.Over and over and over again...strip wire,bend curls,attach wires to device,apply tape,secure device to box...over and over again.It kills your fingers,the wire punches holes in your finger tips and at the end of the day you can't touch anything without wincing,blood spots your hands.mindless redundant activity that slowly kills your soul.
That's what I've been doing all week.
Today,on the way home KUT radio was playing the best of local music and they played this song by Iron and Wine called Resurrection Fern...I had read about this band in the chronicle a while back and was intrigued,but never heard any of their stuff.At about the 1 minute mark I was in rapture and shortly there after,in tears of the joyful kind.What a beautiful song.
And I was alright again.I went out and bought it this afternoon...
" like stubborn boys with big green eyes,we'll see everything".
Awesome...just simply awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment