Wednesday, December 12, 2007

THE FOUR (EH, EIGHT) STICK TEST

I went for my blood work this morning,right out of the bed practically.The sticking began at 7:30am,it was fasting blood work.I was doing pretty good until the nurse (no phlebotomist,he was suppose to be there)couldn't find the mark.
I fucking hate needles and blood work in general,it was hard enough to work myself up to four sticks,and I ended up enduring eight from two different nurses.For four tubes of blood.
Jeez.
I've begun the process of dismantling and reassembling my diet.I've drastically curtailed my drinking.I feel a bit better as a result,and this morning was the final hurdle.After the results come in it'll be another consultation and meds and then quarterly visits to evaluate my situation.
Ann's had some ear issues this week as well and went to the doc.So what ever FOTCR funds we had will go to bills and not that we give a fuck about christmas beyond getting together with family,the grandkids will get their christmas from us in february when I can draw on my vacation fund.
Ahhh...life in prosperous america,land of the sick and the poor.:P

No comments:

Post a Comment